Thursday, June 11, 2009


Creative Inspirations Challenge - 4 Different Papers
Good afternoon its time for the Creative Inspirations challenge again and the challenge is 4 different papers........now they can be embossed,patterned or even cut into shapes like flowers as a DT member has done.Well when I saw 4 papers as the challenge my mind when directly to four papers,didn't think outside the square.....lol......so I chose my new Haiku Stampin'Up! papers. This made the challenge easy the papers were different, but all matched so I didn't have to try to match colours.I have used another of my stamps that I purchased a while ago and hadn't used, love this image and that sentiment I think somes up most of us, don't you think.....lol..... The spacer,charm and chain are all available from Bizzy Becs......isn't that handbag just the cutest.Now I had to use one of my larger Nestability squares to cut this as you can see it is quite wide,after I had cut it and put it against the busy background,it just didn't look right the papers were busy and there was too much white space around the image.So as not to make it too busy I just sponged around the image,now I am not to sure if I like it but it does look a little better than too much white space.Enough from me,have a great day.
Stamps - Hanna Stamps-But I need it
Ink - Stazon Jet Black and Stampin'Up! Tangerine Tango
Papers - Stampin'Up! Haiku DP,Whisper White,Old Olive and Tangerine Tango
Accessories - Spellbinders Square Nestabilities and Ribbon Tags Trio,EK Success Retro Flower punches,charm,chain,spacer,gigham ribbon and Derwent Inktense Watercolour Pencils

21 comments:

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Totally cute! Your colours are awesome and the sponging frames it beautifully!

Victoria said...

Fab card Cheryl. Love the image and sentiment and the sponging around the edges looks great and ties it all in so well together!
Hugs, Vicky -x-

Tracey Feeger said...

Love it as usual. I love the stamp and your card is just fabulous.
mwah
Trace

Moni said...

Fab card, the image is so fantastic. Great colours! hugs, moni

Karen.C said...

Very colourful indeed and I think the sponging sets it off beautifully,another masterpiece my dear.

Karen xo

Kellie said...

I just love this Cheryl it's fabulous!

Debbie Pamment said...

Oooh I think this card has my name on it - this is my mantra - LOL. Fabulous card - think I'll be visiting Bec for some of these charms - cute!
xXx

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh fun, so so cute!!!!!!

sylvia said...

hahaha when I am shopping in the craftstore I think that to!!
what a great card so wel coloured everythings is so lovely
hugs sylvia

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Cheryl,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Anonymous said...

fabulous Cheryl. love it. hugs rachxx

Ila said...

Wow!!..Totally Gorgeous!! I love this image...Your papers, layout, flowers, ribbons and sponging are all fabulous and perfect!!...We we're gone for the weekend...and are off to the lake by the end of the week for almost a week...Yay!!..even the weather looks promising...lol...Hugs, Ila

Heidi said...

this set has always been one of my favs! You did a fab job.

Bethany Paull said...

Really nice! That's a truly fab layout.

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

such a sassy card, wonderful image and great choice of papers. hugs Claudia

Merry said...

Beautiful papers and love your colouring.

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful card and design Cheryl!

Have a wonderful weekend,
Jennifer :)

maxine said...

Fantastic card, lovely colours and I love the image.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Cheryl - have nominated you for yet another blog award - dont think you have got this one yet.
Alicia xx

Tammi said...

How cute, love all the layers and that pretty paper.

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card Cheryl, I love the colours

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...