Followers

Monday, December 14, 2009



A Little Bit of this and a Little Bit of that
Good morning,yeah I finally have my internet speed back,so I will be popping by to visit you all later,I just have time to post this and then pick my daughter up from school.Yesterday was another busy day,I was out all day running around and then I had to finish the baking late last night as it was needed today.My youngest had her playgroup Christmas party today and I feel like I have not been home for long and I will be popping out again.These sweets are the other goodies for the bags,I have made chocolate slice,gingerbread men and Candy cane chip cookies,I have only shown a small amount of what I have baked.Above that is another of the journals and only 2 to go....lol.....I also needed to make some quick Christmas cards and I found this beautiful vintage image, so thought I would have a go at making a Christmas card with it and I quite like how it turned out.A few of you asked for the Honeycomb recipe so here it is

Choc-Chip Honeycomb
Dissolve 1 3/4 cups sugar,1/4 cup of glucose syrup and 1/2 cup water in a large pan.Increase heat and boil for 8-12 minutes or until a light golden colour.Remove from heat.
Add 2 flat teaspoons sifted bi-carb soda.Stir well,pour into a lined 20 x 30cm baking pan and sprinkle with 1/4 cup finely chopped chocolate.Allow to cool and set.Break into pieces and package into 4 bags.
When cooking the syrup,remove from heat when it is slightly lighter in colour than the finished product as it is very hot it will still get darker as you add the bi-carb soda.
You can also pour some mixture into the pan and add chocolate as you go,you will then have chocolate in the middle of the honeycomb.
You will have crumbs left after breaking it apart,keep it all in a container in the fridge and add it to ice cream,biscuits and cakes etc
Enjoy!!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...