Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Bloomin' with Beauty Sympathy Card 
Good afternoon,I am back with a Stampin'Up! card,I haven't made one of these in a while.The girls at the gym asked if I would make a sympathy card for them and this is what I came up with.I tend to use Stampin'Up! stamps for these sort of things,as I like the classy elegance of them.........which I think is perfect for these sort of cards.This card was inspired by Teneale Williams,she makes the most gorgeous Stampin'Up! cards,so if you are looking for some inspiration.......then you need to have a look at Teneale's blog.The inspiration for this card came from here. I coloured the flower with my re inkers on watercolour paper, as I wanted it to be the same colour as the cardstock and I didn't have a matching copic colour.I don't like colouring this way and I am not very good at it,so lucky the flower isn't that big.I have also edged the white papers in stickles,just to give a slight sparkle.Its something I wouldn't normally put on a sympathy card,but I wanted a pretty card.
I am sure I told you a few posts ago my youngest was sick,well she is still sick and has been coughing through the night and we have been getting very little sleep.We took her to the doctor yesterday and she has been put on the nebuliser,anyway she had it at 3pm yesterday afternoon and the little bugger was all wired up until 12.30am when she finally feel asleep.Then she woke up at 2 or 3 can't exactly remember,I was half asleep and then I had to try and get her back to bed.So, I have been napping today to catch up on some much needed sleep.Anyway,must go and get her on the nebuliser again..........will be back shortly to see what you have all been up to.Thanks for stopping by.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats a wonderful card! Love it
Hugs
Elma

Loz said...

Gorgeous card Cheryl, sympathy cards are quite difficult for me to make, that image is perfect and I love the colours. Hope your daughter gets some sleep and you do too! ♥

Hunters Moon said...

The card is lovely Cheryl it looks very elegant. I hope your youngest starts to feel better soon and you manage to catch up on your sleep.

Sam

Debbie Pamment said...

WOW Cheryl - that is just stunningly beautiful - great idea to CASE the fabulous Teneale's work but you've made it your own! This is one of my fave SU sets!
Hope your youngest is feeling better soon - there's sooo much yucky sickness around atm!
Take care and hope you get some rest!
xXx

Vicki's Blog said...

Hi Cheryl
I think you have done a great job with this card, your colouring is great & a sympathy card is not the easiest card to make.. I am sure the girls at the gym will be happy with it.
Vicki

Love crafts forever said...

Very elegant card, i like soft colours. It's look beautiful.
I hope your kids feel better, i know how hard it is. I was ther.
Hugs, Nataliya.

Unknown said...

Oh thanx for stopping by. I love the new look blog the blossoms are very yum! and this is a lovely card I really like it I had a quick nosy backward and those cards have the funniest sentiments! so cool

Love Dawn xx

Anonymous said...

I just love your cards cheryl, you them perfectly!

Riet said...

So beautiful card Cheryl,i love your image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Linby said...

the colouring of the flower is stunning, a very fitting card. Hope your daughter starts to feel better soon and you get some rest.
Linbyx

Jodi said...

A very beautiful card!! Love this flower. These are such difficult cards to make but I making them makes it much more special.
Hugs
Jodi =)

Jackie Thomas said...

Hope your little one is feeling better Cheryl. This card is stunning. hugs Jackie

Carole said...

Lovely card Cheryl, love the delicate colours !
i hope your little girl is feeling better and you all get some sleep !

carole x

Leigh said...

Hope your daughter is on the mend Cheryl. Gorgeous card and I love the little touch of glitter.

Kerry Parkinson said...

Beautiful card Cheryl and I'm sure it will be much appreciated. Do hope your little one is up and bouncing again soon and you all catch up on some much needed sleep.

Lynda said...

I so love this card on so many levels Cheryl. You have used prob my fave image from a set I do not possess. So good to see u with an SU image (I can hand the crown back to you oh queen.....LOL). It is a truly beautiful and elegant card...perfect for the occasion.
I am so v v sorry to hear of the health trials in ur family. It is never fun with things like nebulisers. I went thru all of that when my son was 18mths...and u wonder (A) how they keep going...and (B) how YOU keep going. Know that there there is a light a the end of the tunnel. Be well and rest up. ooxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...